Friday, November 14, 2008

Why Blog?

So, I've contemplated whether or not I wanted to start my own blog. About a year ago my friend, Tera, told me about a blog of another friend we have in common. She said it was all about the trials we all face-it peaked my curiosity. So, I went to check it out, never having read a person's blog in my life. I was hooked! This particular blog's comments on the trials women were going through was heartbreaking and powerful! I spent days afterwards digesting all that I read, stewing over some of the problems my friends, neighbors and people I don't even know were having. Needless to say, it had a profound effect on me. At that time, it was nice to know that I wasn't alone in facing life's trials. There were others. Lots and lots.

Another thing that struck me, was the ability that all of these women had to share-honest and open about everything-the good, the bad & the ugly. This is something that doesn't come easily for me in most situations. I admit, I have trust issues. I guess I've been burned a few too many times. So, I usually play it pretty close to the vest. This brings me to one of the main reasons that I have given in to blogging. It's an exercise in letting go- a little-or maybe a lot. Opening up, sharing and writing about things that are sometimes difficult for me. I'll have to admit, it's pretty uncomfortable. Cathartic? I'm hoping.

Other reasons for blogging? I sometimes feel guilty for reading blog after blog, never contributing my own life experiences for someone else's consumption (not sure they'd want to hear some of them:). I hope there would be something I could say or share that would benefit or help a reader. That would be worth it and so fulfilling. So, I'm commited to giving blogging a try.




2 comments:

Kimberly said...

cam, im proud of you. make it what you want. i think youll love it. Cute background!Love you.

Jen-ben said...

CAMI!!! I didnt' even know you had a blog! yay! I love your background...it's so cute!
I think I know the post you are talking about...:) It really changed the way I look at everyone!