Monday, November 17, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things...

Ethan came home from school on Friday and when Todd got home they were talking about Ethan's day at school. E promptly told Todd that Samantha was back at school today. When Todd asked Ethan why she had been gone, he replied that, "she had her testicles removed." I would have loved to be in the room to see Todd's reaction :) SO-Todd said, "are you sure her name is Samantha? and that she's a girl?" Ethan said, "yes." Well then Todd had to remind E that girls don't have testicles. Ethan got a quizzical look on his face and pointed at his throat and said, "what are those things called again in the back of your throat?" "Oh, yea, they're called tonsils!" I about busted a gut laughing when Todd relayed this conversation. At least Ethan used the correct term-just had it linked to the wrong body part!

One more quick one. So, Ethan and I are in the car coming home from running some errands together. Ethan said, "mom, did you know girls are females and boys are e-mails?" I quickly turned around to clarify what he said, not sure I heard him correctly. Sure enough, he repeated the same thing. I didn't dare to laugh out loud for fear his little feelers would get hurt. Secretly, I about peed my pants! Kids are awesome! I found out later he had been learning about opposites in Kindergarten.

6 comments:

Andee said...

SO glad you're blogging! That's one of the best kid bloopers I've ever heard. Hilarious!
I love your guts! :)

Jackie said...

LOL...too dang funny! I love to hear things kids say. I'm so happy you're in the blog world now. I'm adding you to my list right now...

Jen-ben said...

OH MY GOSH!! That is way way too hilarious!!

Allyson said...

cami, I'm so happy you're doing this! I absolutely loved those funny things Ethan said! I don't know how you hid your laughter!!!! He's such a funny little guy! This is so fun! You get to see sides of people you might not otherwise see!

Tera said...

Cam, I'm so glad to see you took the plunge! I love Ethan! I'm sure one day he too will see the humor in his words. My sister Heather said something like that when she was , looking at a fish book, she said to one of my guy friends, "look at the testicles on that thing". When we corrected her, she quickly said "testicles, tenticles, what's the difference?" To this day, we still quote her.

Emily said...

Oh my goodness! I'm trying to read this outloud to Greg but I can't because I'm laughing too hard. Hilarious!